While we were at the Church History Museum, they had a gallery event going of different artists works of art. There were some very amazing pieces. I came across one that really hit a soft spot. It is titled "While Mary Sleeps- In The Early Morning". It is of Joseph and Baby Jesus. We talk often of how special Mary was to carry the Lords child. But not as often do we remember the strength it took from Joseph to be Jesus' father on Earth. To be seen in the Lord's eye as someone to take care of the Savior of the world, Joseph had to be pretty remarkable as well. I loved how this photo depicts the love Joseph had not only for Jesus, but for Mary to let her sleep while he tends the babe. I got all teary eyed looking at this photo and wanted to share my experience with everyone.
Maybe some women aren't meant to be tamed. Maybe they are to run free til they find someone just as wild to run with
August 01, 2012
Joseph
On Monday, we went up to Salt Lake to Temple Square with some friends of ours. We walked around the Church History museum. There are lots of artifacts and belongings from the early pioneers there. It was a very touching experience. On July 24th each year we celebrate Pioneer day when the Saints first entered the Valley in Utah. I know the struggles and obstacles they went through to get across the states to Utah but sometimes seeing what all they carried with them and what they went through so I can be a part of this church gets me sometimes. I felt the spirit there and as I read different journals and letters from the early pioneers, it was amazing to hear their stories. They were a strong group of people. I don't know if I would have had the strength to go through even half of what they experienced to be able to practice religion freely without mobs persecuting them.
While we were at the Church History Museum, they had a gallery event going of different artists works of art. There were some very amazing pieces. I came across one that really hit a soft spot. It is titled "While Mary Sleeps- In The Early Morning". It is of Joseph and Baby Jesus. We talk often of how special Mary was to carry the Lords child. But not as often do we remember the strength it took from Joseph to be Jesus' father on Earth. To be seen in the Lord's eye as someone to take care of the Savior of the world, Joseph had to be pretty remarkable as well. I loved how this photo depicts the love Joseph had not only for Jesus, but for Mary to let her sleep while he tends the babe. I got all teary eyed looking at this photo and wanted to share my experience with everyone.
While we were at the Church History Museum, they had a gallery event going of different artists works of art. There were some very amazing pieces. I came across one that really hit a soft spot. It is titled "While Mary Sleeps- In The Early Morning". It is of Joseph and Baby Jesus. We talk often of how special Mary was to carry the Lords child. But not as often do we remember the strength it took from Joseph to be Jesus' father on Earth. To be seen in the Lord's eye as someone to take care of the Savior of the world, Joseph had to be pretty remarkable as well. I loved how this photo depicts the love Joseph had not only for Jesus, but for Mary to let her sleep while he tends the babe. I got all teary eyed looking at this photo and wanted to share my experience with everyone.
Written By
Anonymous
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment