I can't believe how long it has been since I last blogged. So much has happened in my life in the last year and I can't believe I never posted!! I guess life is what happens when you're not blogging. :) As some of you know, I recently married my best friend Wayne. It was the best decision I have made so far. He makes me happy and knows how to make me laugh. I enjoy life with him and am excited to see where the Lord takes us in this journey.
Our wedding day was so wonderful and I need to hurry and write down my thoughts and memories of it so I don't forget. Wayne and I went to Atlanta to be married in the LDS Temple. (For those that would like to know more about the LDS Temple weddings click here.) We stayed with my family and his family came into town as well to join us for our special day. We had an interesting day getting our marriage license. Since neither of us are residents of Georgia we had to go to Fulton County to get a marriage license. It was scary.... We get up there and are trying to find a place to park. I find one right in front of the Probate Office. No signs saying we can't. No red paint. We park. Hide our stuff in the trunk. And begin to head into the building. Then I hear someone shout that we can't park there. He says it's police parking only. We get back in to car to find a new spot only to see him showing us a spot. So we park, pay the toll to park just to have him ask us for money. Part of me thinks it was a setup for him to make money and that where we parked was perfectly fine. Who knows! But this place was sketchy! We go in. I have to check my camera in at the desk. We didn't wait too long for the license which was nice.We went out and about with his family that day (pictures and stories to come).
When we came home that day, I was tired and hungry. My family was busy cutting fruit and what not for the reception. I get a call from my sister Rebecca that Grandmoo (my grandmother) needs me at her house because she has something for me. I go down there and Wayne comes with. We are sitting in the kitchen and Grandmoo begins to tell me about when she and Gramps eloped many years ago. How she wore a grey suit and had recently stumbled across something she forgot she had from her wedding day. She offered it to me to wear on my wedding day and if I wasn't interested she would save it for Beth and Amy. I'm thinking I'm getting an awesome necklace to wear or something like it. We go down the hall and from her cedar chest she pulls out the plastic flower head piece. I was nervous because I knew right away I wouldn't wear it. I felt so bad because here is my loving grandmother giving me something she wore on her special day. I didn't know how to respond. She puts it on my head and as I turn to see if my sisters are crying and if this is something sweet I'm just not catching on about... Then it hits me. Windex that is. "You look so nice on your wedding day!!!" One of mine and Rebecca's all time favorite movies is My Big Fat Greek Wedding. And her father is a believer that Windex will cure anything. The flower head piece was just a joke they has Grandmoo pull on me. It was close to the one she wears in the movie during the ceremony. Funny memory and the fact that Grandmoo was in on it made it all the better. She is a special person who I love dearly!!
Time flies and the next thing I know it's the morning of my wedding. I was nervous. It was here. How quickly it came and I can't believe it's here. This is the day I have dreamed of and it's finally here! Everything was starting off fine. I took a shower. Got a dress on I would wear to the temple. My parents have a hair dryer with the bristles attached so you can brush and dry at the same time. It actually helps hair become straighter in my opinion. Anyways, I had extensions sewn into my hair for the wedding. Without thinking I brush with the hair dryer and totally thought I had ripped out my extensions! Luckily I just bunched it and it was still attached. I wore my hair down so no one even knew my hair was bunched up on one side. :)
It was time to leave. It started raining. I was sad but thought at least it won't be too sunny that we get squints in any photos. We get to the temple and went in. It was lovely. The ceremony was wonderful. I cried, my sisters cried, even Wayne got a little teary eyed. It was beautiful and sweet. I am grateful for the blessings a family brings. I know that being married will be the best choice I will make. It won't always be easy but it is worth it.
The reception was a blast! My mother and family did a wonderful job! Wonderful doesn't even describe it! It was a hot day and my hair had fallen out of curl twice. I wasn't use to the humidity! We had a wonderful time! Dancing like no other! And then came the biggest surprise of the night. I am posting a video so hopefully it works you can view it. Click here and it will redirect you to YouTube. I have another angle of it on my Facebook. My family had a flash mob planned. I know this video is a little dark but I'm dancing with my brother Spencer and then he breaks it down MC Hammer style for us. Then all of my siblings join in for Crazy In Love. Then most of the crowd is doing the dance... And so was my husband. It was a sweet surprise. My sisters knew I wanted dancing at my wedding so they made sure it happened. It was a fabulous night and we Christians sure know how to throw a party!
A big thank you to all who made this day so special for us. Married life is great! I couldn't be blessed with anyone better! I think of all the meaningless dates I went on, all the tears and frustrations that others guys gave me but I know went through all the lonely nights and hard times so that I could appreciate Wayne. He makes me happier than I ever knew I could be. I thank the Lord above for him everyday.
More to come so stay tuned for honeymoon pictures and stories along with wedding photos!!
1 comment:
Yay!!! your married :) keep up the posting so Jill and I aren't the only ones blogging.
Post a Comment